It’s that time again. This week I’ve been reminiscing about Mike Patton on high school folders and
‘Hey Mr Dopeman you think you’re slick, ya sold crack to my sister and now she’s sick’
Oh the irony of a 13 year old white girl singing Straight Outta Compton. I’ve also been listening to Epic on repeat and I’ll be damned if that wasn’t almost as catchy as Justine Clarke’s Watermelon.
26. Iggy Pop – Lust for Life
27. Daft Punk – Discovery
28. The Real Thing – Faith No More
29. Kanye West – Late Registration
30. Led Zeppelin – IV
31. Patti Smith – Easter
32. Butthole Surfers – Independent Worm Saloon
33. NWA – Straight Outta Compton
34. The Killers – Hot Fuss
35. Amy Winehouse – Back to Black
36. Jeff Buckley – Grace
37. Guns n Roses – Appetite for Destruction
38. Pavement – Crooked Rain Crooked Rain
39. Kaiser Chiefs – Employment
40. Sonic Youth – Dirty
The playlist has been updated much to my children’s horror. I don’t think anyone wants to see their mother impersonate Michael Jackson. You can find all forty tracks here.
Next week it’s the final countdown. But no Europe I promise.