Well over two years ago, I bought a fancy pants journal for jotting down my goals and aspirations. I managed to fill out the values/about me section but it’s been languishing in a desk drawer ever since. Today I revisited my poor lonely book and was interested to read my top five values (the things [...]
I’ve never found the words to write about my siblings but perhaps the closest sense of what a big family gave me was expressed in Frank Bruni’s The Gift of Siblings (apologies if you’ve seen this on social media x 100 already). There are immeasurable riches in multiple siblings. I have an abundance of love [...]
Surrounding Melbourne’s Botanical Gardens is a dusty dirt track affectionately known as ‘The Tan’. On any given day you’ll find a mixed bag of fit types, prams, footballers and bemused tourists eyeing red-faced middle-aged bankers (okay so maybe some work in insurance). Before kids, I ran The Tan on a regular basis. I once read [...]
We headed to the hills this morning. In usual fashion, we were entirely unprepared for hungry children and spent a good third of the day deciding which tranquil looking tearoom to inflict ourselves on. Then I spotted her, tucked neatly in the foothills, a kitschy little cafe promising hot soup and homemade scones. “Will there [...]
I recently started a part-time role in social media. Working from home – I don’t have to wear shoes, makeup or pants and my brain is feeling satisfyingly fortified yet fried. Like anything new, there are learning curves, but I think I’m taking it all in – I’ve even had the opportunity to miss my [...]
When I was a kid my favourite grandmother took me shopping on birthdays. I have fond memories of stuffed cattle dogs and horses, of a movie named Dusty. But it’s the music I remember most. My grandmother never interjected with her own tastes, it was our day, but eventually I tired of the toys and [...]
1. What did you do while I was gone? I probably sat on my proverbial backside and stared into space for what felt like two minutes but ended up being twenty. I’m tired. Something to do with part-time uni, part-time work, a blog, two kids, two Twitter accounts, three Facebook accounts, six email addresses, etc, [...]
Having scored a few tickets to a Melbourne Food and Wine Festival event, I made the dubious decision to attend with my kids. Despite the event offering activities that catered to children, you just never know quite what you’re going to get with these things. Will there be toilets? Enough room for my kids to [...]
As of December 2012, Facebook had over one billion active users of which over 50% were daily active users. It’s the second most popular website behind Google and the second most popular way of arguing with relatives*. Back in the old days, when invitations arrived in letterboxes and email was still a thing – you [...]
You might be asking yourself whether I just used my mother as *link-bait and yes, yes I did. My mum is not involved in the creation of any sexually explicit material but is simply the benefactor of some interesting erotica that today we shall call art. I love my mum. She’s an exceptional example of [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...