I’ve heard a number of people say “I want to start a blog” of late. Some have been tweens, some are approaching sixty, some are new mums with a great eye for affordable fashion. Even my mum has mentioned starting one *braces self*. Because I would really like to read some of these blogs, here [...]
The last time I spent a night away from my family was in 2009. I drove to the Victorian town of Daylesford for a relaxing weekend and managed to chafe two layers of calf skin off during an ill-conceived trek on horseback. I spent the next day walking with an imaginary equine between my legs. [...]
I’ve been blogging less of late. I’ve been critiquing blogs at uni. I’ve been researching them at work. Echo Chambers, hall of mirrors, homophily, the microblogging world of Twitter. I’ve been investing my resources elsewhere and now I’m not sure how to redirect them back to this space. Do I just keep tapping at [...]
I always intended to return to work following my first child. It took fifteen months to get my act together. Child care centres were visited and waiting lists paid for. By the time my hiatus was up, I was left with two options – the unaccredited child care centre with the kid eating paper under [...]
My mother recently told me, “I don’t think you should write personal things on your blog anymore.” She spoke from a protective parent stance and I’d be lying if I hadn’t started to second guess what I share here myself. There’s something to be said for blogging under the radar. You can mostly avoid criticism [...]
I don’t usually take my kids to blogging events, they’ve been gifted with my husband’s hyperactivity and I’d quite like to be invited back to places. There was the time things got a little ‘Thunderdome’ in the ball pit at a bloggers event – thankfully one of the other kids belonged to a former work [...]
One of the more ridiculous ideas I’ve had for a blog post was to wear a pair of fake spectacles for a few days and survey people’s responses. This proved to be quite difficult since I felt like an imposter the entire time and basically just confirmed I have no career in acting. It was [...]
I’ve been thinking about blogging, more specifically why it is that certain genres of blogging seem to be the focus of criticism whenever someone mentions monetisation. Mummy blogging has become lazy shorthand for any woman that writes in a digital space and it implies all sorts of things – usually negative – and it seems [...]
I’ve dipped my toes into giveaways this month. Given they’re the first I’ve run in 15 months of blogging, it’s allowed me the opportunity to clarify my position on sponsored content and advertising. Journalist, TV host and blogger Sarah Wilson recently posted on the same topic, where she stated: ‘Online media is a free-for-all. No [...]
In a perfect Utopia, people would disagree respectfully. On the internet, where nobody knows your name and no one can hear you scream, it’s game on moles. To help navigate the online world, more specifically blogging, I have prepared a handy guide on what to do and what to avoid. It is possible you will [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...