Mexican food is having quite the revival at the moment. Personally I love anything involving guacamole and melted cheese but I’m even more enamoured with coriander.
It’s a contentious herb. A friend once coined it the “devil’s weed” so this salsa is probably not for him. For anyone else not particularly impressed with the store bought stuff I guarantee this is so easy you’ll never need buy it again.
- 3-5 tomatoes or one tin of tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cup of jalapenos (jar or fresh)
- 1 cup of chopped coriander (include the root - plenty of flavour!)
- Roughly chop your ingredients before blending with a pinch of salt and a few tablespoons of water. Pulse gently until the consistency is to your liking. Enjoy with corn chips and beer - you might need it if you used too many jalapenos!