Apparently athletic apparel giant Lululemon has had to recall shipment of some of its yoga pants this week due to an issue of ‘sheerness’. Approximately 17% of women’s bottoms (bottoms being pants) in stores are said to be affected and I’m suddenly feeling quite grateful I haven’t saluted the sun lately. When it comes to [...]
Last year I ran a great giveaway for a bespoke photo book from MILK Books. A collaboration between Moleskine notebooks and award-winning picture publisher PQ Blackwell, MILK photo books are quality designed and come in a range of formats. Why am I rabbiting on about them? Well this week, I’m lucky enough to be able [...]
1. What did you do while I was gone? I probably sat on my proverbial backside and stared into space for what felt like two minutes but ended up being twenty. I’m tired. Something to do with part-time uni, part-time work, a blog, two kids, two Twitter accounts, three Facebook accounts, six email addresses, etc, [...]
I have a confession to make. I’ve been talking about you behind your back. It all started innocently enough Oh, thirty degrees? Again? Next thing you know I’m telling anyone who’ll listen how I was sick of you. That you were hanging around like a bad smell. But now I’m feeling a little cold. Last night [...]
Sometimes my little boy’s shoulders look as broad as an Ox. Other times, in the dusky light of his bedroom when I’m curled alongside his body – the one that fears monsters and jack-o’-lanterns – they appear almost slender. Fragile even. On balmy nights, he is restless. He wants infinite stories about his cousins and [...]
Having scored a few tickets to a Melbourne Food and Wine Festival event, I made the dubious decision to attend with my kids. Despite the event offering activities that catered to children, you just never know quite what you’re going to get with these things. Will there be toilets? Enough room for my kids to [...]
My father was a bricklayer, he suffered from back pain and a serious dislike of the Liberal party. In an era of Bob Hawke, Paul Keating and Jeff Kennett – my parents weren’t short on the meaty politics that could quickly whip up dinner party conversations. I wasn’t quite old enough to vote when Kennett [...]
I have a piece up over at The Peach today. I’m exploring the strip club culture in Victoria and the seedy side of King Street: An industry that forces you to feel unsafe when all you want is a 12am cola slurpee. Contrary to the heading of the piece, I’m inclined to support legal reform [...]
Excuse me for interrupting normal service, but I’ve just spent hours researching a story on Victoria’s strip club culture and I’m in dire need of something frivolous. Can we talk fashion? More specifically, fashion for the over 30 but not quite 40? Summer seems to be outstaying its welcome and I’d really like to go [...]
My husband and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary on Sunday, celebration being one beer at lunch followed by falling asleep on the couch at eight. We’ve officially entered the seven year itch and I’m wondering if I might need a topical cream. Several high profile marriages have faltered at the seven year mark – [...]
The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival kicks off this Friday and to celebrate I’m giving away a double pass to one of the festival highlights Put Victoria On Your Table (PVOYT) Cellar Door and Artisan Market. Held at the Como House and Gardens in South Yarra and sponsored by IGA Victoria, there will be some [...]
Originally conceived in Paris in 2002, White Night or Nuit Blanche is not translation for THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE!! but a dusk ’til dawn showcase of art and culture. Catching a train into an estimated crowd of 100,000 thousand people, only to discover it was closer to 300,000 thousand was a little eye-watering but [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...