Lately I’ve taken issue with the term “bogan”. Where once it was a humorous term poking fun at mullets and skin tight jeans, lately it has a certain stink of snobbery. Now don’t get me wrong, aggressive alcoholic types and waving Australian flags in people’s faces at music festivals deserves derision, but it appears to [...]
I wish I could tell you what it is about six-foot genetically blessed women parading around in their knickers that floats my boat. It’s definitely not Seal singing corny songs about angels or Ari from Entourage sitting in the front row. Again. And it can’t be the fashion since there is none, unless you like [...]
Before my son was born I was often heard to say, “I won’t be raising no mummy’s boy”. Two days after his birth, he was admitted into the NICU with a suspected rotated bowel, (thankfully he was fine), which had me singing “you can have whatever you like” quicker than you can say “Marie Barone”. [...]
Lately I’ve been on the lookout for a special kind of someone. I’ve been screening candidates for some time now and more often than not I’m a little let down or we just don’t connect. Sometimes this person abuses an imbalance of power and keeps me waiting for over an hour without telling me. When [...]
This week the Reserve Bank of Australia were ever so kind to slash interest rates by 0.25% – the second reduction in as many months. Hopefully your Bank is not being a Grinch this Christmas and has passed the rate on. If they haven’t, pick up the phone and mention the “O” word (Ombudsman). I [...]
I am not averse to vampires. Bram Stoker’s Dracula. From Dusk Till Dawn. Blade. The Lost Boys. Alan Ball’s True Blood was the best thing to happen to me in 2009 and I’ve also enjoyed the books. Yes all eleven of them. I can even be caught debating the finer points of Bill versus Eric [...]
If you’ve spent time in shopping malls during the Christmas period you’ll be familiar with the stress that is stalking people for car parks: “Excuse me, are you leaving?” “Hello, my indicator is on. I was here first!” “Would you be ever so kind as to point me in the direction of your car as [...]
I used to avoid bright lipsticks like the plague. Convinced they were only made for luscious lips, my thin lips and I would glance forlornly at the MAC display whilst sticking to boring brown neutrals. Sadly my daughter has inherited my lips. I know this to be true because when born my mother-in-law held her [...]
“I may be crazy, little frayed around the ends“ The Foo Fighters and I lost touch there for a few years. In fact the last time we really spent time together was during 1997′s The Colour and the Shape. This year’s release, Wasting Light, was a return to good form backed up by a brilliant [...]
Tonight the Foo Fighters are in town. As a young whippersnapper, heading to a major gig would be met with great anticipation. The album would be on high rotation. There would be much discussion surrounding food and drink prior to the event. Who is driving? What are we wearing? Can we knock off work early? [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- A most peculiar lunch May 25, 2013
- How to parent when sick May 23, 2013
- Humility, blogging and the fear of flying May 21, 2013
- Arts Centre Melbourne Winter Season Giveaway May 20, 2013
- How to blog May 16, 2013
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...
- Five things I wish my wife would stop asking - TINY SAVAGES: [...] week I shared the five most annoying questio...