Last week I spoke of music and mirth and how I’ve been busy collating my top fifty albums of all time. Well it’s now time to reveal my top ten. I did warn you there would be grunge but I promise this does taper off. A little. This is by no means a discerning list, [...]
Whenever my husband and I decide to dine out with our children I find myself pondering why. Why do we put ourselves through it? The question generally arises somewhere between shutting the car door and before the first glass of wine. Sometimes the wine helps. Sometimes it doesn’t. Sunday night we were invited to a [...]
I am the sum of all my parts. Genetics. Aesthetics. Heretics. Some days it’s glaringly obvious who I am and I’m happy. Other days I count the close friends on less than one hand and I begin to question my own worth. “You’re not a good person” “You’re too opinionated” “Lose some weight” – you [...]
I am in the midst of collating my top fifty albums of all time. Why am I doing this? Because I can. People might be appalled at the lack of certain records but these are the soundtracks to my youth and there will be grunge. LET THERE BE GRUNGE! I am taking it all incredibly [...]
A short little video regarding selling out on your blog… Yes the spelling is back to front and no it’s not easy fitting into a three year old’s tshirt
I am about to admit something truly shocking. I have never been offended by someone wearing leggings as pants. Quelle horreur! I know, the shame of it, but I’ve actually discovered something way more offensive and it’s mostly concerning people making loud declarations about the wearing of leggings as pants. The facebook page ‘Leggings are [...]
Dear Fairfax, You and I, we used to be great friends but now in between the mummy-baiting and the spelling errors our relationship’s feeling somewhat strained. I know sub-editors are few and far between and those pesky $170 million dollars worth of “savings” might be getting to you but can’t we try to get along [...]
Have you ever had cause to sign an incident report? I saw a few in my former years of working in banking and finance. I once had to provide a statutory declaration after a woman in Italy tried to flee with 5,000 dollars of her employee’s money that I had wired to their account. I [...]
Last week Spotify launched in Australia and given that most of my work is done in the home, it’s been a pretty cool little addition. I’ve been checking out The Temper Trap’s new album and playing music for the kids that I wouldn’t otherwise pay for. A word of warning. If you’ve hooked Spotify up [...]
I’ve got another confession to make. I’m what you call a clean skin, but it wasn’t always so. I was once a defiant youth with limited income and taste which led to a tattoo of my discontent. Off with its head! Except not quite. Those sons of bitc things are hard to remove and the [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...