Last week I spoke of music and mirth and how I’ve been busy collating my top fifty albums of all time. Well it’s now time to reveal my top ten. I did warn you there would be grunge but I promise this does taper off. A little.
This is by no means a discerning list, just albums that have been the soundtrack to my existence and which still hold up to this day.
At the end of the list you will find a link to a playlist on 8tracks with my selections from the top ten. I will keep adding to this as I reveal more of the list each week. If you would still like an album cover in your mailbox, please let me know. I might even share an intimate memory on the back.
1. Nirvana – Nevermind
2. The Strokes – Is This it?
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Blood Sugar Sex Magik
4. Pearl Jam – Ten
5. Smashing Pumpkins – Siamese Dream
6. Jane’s Addiction – Ritual De Lo Habitual
7. Pixies – Doolittle
8. The White Stripes – White Blood Cells
9. Coldplay – A Rush of Blood to the Head
10. Soundgarden – Badmotorfinger
The playlist can be found on 8tracks here. Enjoy.