I was lucky enough to catch Dave Grohl’s documentary on analog music studio, Sound City last night. Birthplace to recordings After the Gold Rush, Rumors and Nevermind – it’s a tribute to an iconic recording studio and a reflection on the changing face of the music industry. Grohl was supposedly inspired to make the film [...]
Archive | ReviewsRSS feed for this section
Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak – William Congreve Dear Music. Though I cannot play an instrument to save myself and my voice sounds like a cat being strangled – you complete me. Last night I was treated to a brilliant gig by Perfect Tripod [...]
I recently watched a fascinating documentary Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines. Tracing the history of Wonder Woman, the film focused on strong female roles in comics, film and television – their importance and the consequences of being powerful. 97 percent of the choices made in the film industry are made by men [...]
If you’re anything like me, your computer houses a lonely sub-folder containing hundreds of photographs of your children that barely see the light of day. Courtesy of MILK books, this year I decided to collate all my favourite photographs from 2012 into a photo book. I’ve been busy condensing everything into a little keepsake of [...]
I’ve often kept a close eye on the Target designer collaborations in America. Last year they teamed up with Missoni and I could only watch from the sidelines while everyone went crazy over this Jessica Alba endorsed, too-cool-for-school bicycle. I confess, sometimes I’ve secretly pined for the products not yet stocked on our own department [...]
One of the greatest gifts you can give a new mother, old mother, tired mother, bored mother is time out with like-minded individuals. Based on that simple fact, last weekend’s ProBlogger Training Event was like food for the soul. Or wine maybe. I was all rather skeptical heading into my first blogging conference, convinced people [...]
If you were to ever whisper sweet nothings about clothing and shoes in my ear, there’s a fairly good chance that we could be friends – so when Westfield Doncaster kindly invited me to trial a styling session with the lovely Julia Allen last Friday – I cordially accepted. After all the excitement that was [...]
1. Kikki-K Daily Notes Ah sweet stationery. You make my heart skip a beat. Sometimes I write down already completed tasks on your to-do lists just because it feels so damn good crossing those suckers out. Mmmm stationery….. 2. Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani in 101 It’s true. When the economy dips, lipstick sales go up. [...]
There’s an assortment of ways you can get bang for your buck online. Don’t be discouraged by authenticity, colour and fit. Many online stores have a good returns policy and you can always try things out in one of our friendly department stores before making your purchase. Cruel? Perhaps, but then so is charging over [...]
I love a television show that can occasionally make you a little uncomfortable. Not “Embarrassing Bodies” uncomfortable (seriously who watches that?) but more “I’m not sure if I can watch any more oppression” uncomfortable. Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner writes women beautifully. Somewhere between season one and season two my husband dropped out and I [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...