Well over two years ago, I bought a fancy pants journal for jotting down my goals and aspirations. I managed to fill out the values/about me section but it’s been languishing in a desk drawer ever since. Today I revisited my poor lonely book and was interested to read my top five values (the things [...]
Archive | RelationshipsRSS feed for this section
My love for a gooey milk chocolate cookie knows no bounds and that is why I recently found myself lining up to purchase a ten-pack, so that I could share them with family members and not have to feel so guilty about eating seven. It wasn’t easy deciding on which ten given a queue of [...]
I’ve heard a number of people say “I want to start a blog” of late. Some have been tweens, some are approaching sixty, some are new mums with a great eye for affordable fashion. Even my mum has mentioned starting one *braces self*. Because I would really like to read some of these blogs, here [...]
I’ve never found the words to write about my siblings but perhaps the closest sense of what a big family gave me was expressed in Frank Bruni’s The Gift of Siblings (apologies if you’ve seen this on social media x 100 already). There are immeasurable riches in multiple siblings. I have an abundance of love [...]
Last night Magazine Wars, the official sequel to the ABC’s Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo, premiered and in between the glorious 80′s soundtrack and fashion we were reminded of an infamous Kerry Packer quote following a heart attack in 1990 which left him clinically dead for six minutes. I’ve been to the other side [...]
Surrounding Melbourne’s Botanical Gardens is a dusty dirt track affectionately known as ‘The Tan’. On any given day you’ll find a mixed bag of fit types, prams, footballers and bemused tourists eyeing red-faced middle-aged bankers (okay so maybe some work in insurance). Before kids, I ran The Tan on a regular basis. I once read [...]
The last time I spent a night away from my family was in 2009. I drove to the Victorian town of Daylesford for a relaxing weekend and managed to chafe two layers of calf skin off during an ill-conceived trek on horseback. I spent the next day walking with an imaginary equine between my legs. [...]
I’ve been blogging less of late. I’ve been critiquing blogs at uni. I’ve been researching them at work. Echo Chambers, hall of mirrors, homophily, the microblogging world of Twitter. I’ve been investing my resources elsewhere and now I’m not sure how to redirect them back to this space. Do I just keep tapping at [...]
May is a busy month – it’s ‘that’ month. Most of us have one, the month where about half a dozen family members decided to have birthdays at once while you navigate an event that’s supposed to be about you (Mother’s Day) but at the risk of sounding a little ungrateful kind of feels a [...]
One of the joys of immersing yourself in nine different social media platforms is that you get to indulge your mood swings with hundreds, sometimes thousands of people. There’s a certain level of vanity required in writing a blog, “Hello, look at me. I have something to say!” and sometimes during a difficult period, or [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...