Now that gastro interruptus has subsided, I find myself holding soup. Loads and loads of soup. I don’t know about you but that’s what I do when I’m sick – make soup. Chicken and sweet corn soup is a favourite recipe my mum has been perfecting since we were kids – I believe it is [...]
Archive | RecipesRSS feed for this section
Lamb Shanks Recipe 2 lamb shanks 2 garlic bulbs oregano 1 onion 1 celery stalk 1 carrot 1 tin of tomatoes 1/2 cup white wine 1-1.5 cups of beef stock Method: Heat oil in heavy-based saucepan. Season lamb shanks with salt, oregano and garlic and seal until brown. Remove lamb shanks and [...]
There is something so invigorating about markets. All that fresh food combined with the intoxicating smells, it lifts the spirits and it’s usually good fun for the kids too. Not so much for you when they decide they want your dim sim. South Melbourne Market dim sims are an icon in Melbourne, the queues [...]
Given that my children appear prone to infections involving high temperatures, you would think that I’ve become somewhat accustomed and perhaps even a little jaded when it happens. Not so and I can often be found googling meningitis late at night, calling the nurse’s hotline and panicking about the lack of an appetite “but she [...]
I’m about the chunkiest I’ve been in some time. I’m not entirely surprised by this since I recently took to eating cream and jam buns again for the first time since Year 8 but it still displeases me greatly. Exercise has fallen somewhere behind children, uni assignments and blogging and I miss the effect it [...]
This dish gets around. In fact, it’s been flaunting its wares around our family parties for years yet somehow manages to keep its reputation in tact. Probably because it’s healthy, the kids (usually) eat it and quick. It’s a great “bring a plate” dish too. Grate 375 g (about 2) zucchinis and one onion. Squeeze [...]
I’VE lost my cooking mojo lately. In between boiling plain rice and eggs for a fussy three year old and pureeing baby food I don’t often have the time (or inclination) for fancy food. IN an attempt to reclaim the lost cook within I’m starting a weekly link-up of easy recipes and hope you can [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- What are your top 5 values? June 18, 2013
- Sometimes there is no chocolate chip cookie June 17, 2013
- How to start a blog without even trying June 15, 2013
- How to avoid cynicism June 13, 2013
- The hottest 100 missing women June 11, 2013
- 5 on Friday – 07/06/13: [...] My favourite post for this week by Carli a...
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...