Dear Fairfax, You and I, we used to be great friends but now in between the mummy-baiting and the spelling errors our relationship’s feeling somewhat strained. I know sub-editors are few and far between and those pesky $170 million dollars worth of “savings” might be getting to you but can’t we try to get along [...]
Have you ever had cause to sign an incident report? I saw a few in my former years of working in banking and finance. I once had to provide a statutory declaration after a woman in Italy tried to flee with 5,000 dollars of her employee’s money that I had wired to their account. I [...]
Last week Spotify launched in Australia and given that most of my work is done in the home, it’s been a pretty cool little addition. I’ve been checking out The Temper Trap’s new album and playing music for the kids that I wouldn’t otherwise pay for. A word of warning. If you’ve hooked Spotify up [...]
I’ve got another confession to make. I’m what you call a clean skin, but it wasn’t always so. I was once a defiant youth with limited income and taste which led to a tattoo of my discontent. Off with its head! Except not quite. Those sons of bitc things are hard to remove and the [...]
I’m about the chunkiest I’ve been in some time. I’m not entirely surprised by this since I recently took to eating cream and jam buns again for the first time since Year 8 but it still displeases me greatly. Exercise has fallen somewhere behind children, uni assignments and blogging and I miss the effect it [...]
Yesterday I felt a little blue so I did a spot of shopping and perked myself up with some blue products. 1. yes to blueberries brightening facial towelettes I have to thank Nikki from Styling You for this tip. Usually my night time skin routine involves way too many products but these are great for [...]
Questions about behaviour. Stilted awkward questions while the other parents come and go. Are they listening? Are they asked questions too? We’ve been down this road before when someone told me you weren’t normal. Six months later and they called me to ask where you’d been. They were quiet, they said. You were just a [...]
My entire life I’ve been told that I’m opinionated. With the flush of youth I thought I knew everything, and I voiced it pretty clearly, but with time I like to think I’ve become a little more diplomatic. Better able to appreciate other people’s points of view. Death, wrinkles and babies in emergency wards will [...]
Apparently bucket lists were made famous by a Jack Nicholson flick but I’m going to argue it was in fact Homer Simpson who popularised “things to do before you die” after eating a poisonous blowfish at a sushi restaurant. I always liked Homer’s list. There was no mile high clubs, sky diving or French restaurants [...]
Last Thursday the sun came out in Melbourne. It hadn’t shown its face in awhile so every man and his dog was at the local park for some 4pm “hurry the hell home husband” time. My son was behaving himself so I happily sat back with the baby and a Splice; my milkbar ice-cream of [...]
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
- So you think you’re cooler than a mummy blogger February 14, 2012
- Who am I? June 9, 2012
- My Baby’s a Genius March 6, 2012
- I’m the Biggest Loser January 31, 2012
- Perfect PR Pitches for mummy bloggers February 21, 2012
- A most peculiar lunch May 25, 2013
- How to parent when sick May 23, 2013
- Humility, blogging and the fear of flying May 21, 2013
- Arts Centre Melbourne Winter Season Giveaway May 20, 2013
- How to blog May 16, 2013
- Smarts envy - TINY SAVAGES: [...] had a memorable uncle who used to advise us ...
- A privilege to mow |: [...] Carli Lidonnici from Tiny Savages wrote a be...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] Write to your local MP – according to ...
- One just forum - TINY SAVAGES: [...] consumption – I’ve been working ...
- Five things I wish my wife would stop asking - TINY SAVAGES: [...] week I shared the five most annoying questio...