I would’ve made a great Catholic. I can lay awake for hours some nights, consumed with the guilt of things I should or shouldn’t have done. Guilt’s a great motivator for making important changes but once it ceases to be of any benefit it’s just a rotting, festering useless emotion.
When it comes to guilt, children are the gift that just keeps on giving so today, in keeping with Eden‘s Fresh Horse’s “sorry” theme, I’m apologising to my children in the hopes that tonight I may sleep a little easier.
- I’m sorry I’m not a morning person
- I’m sorry I don’t always relish being a cleaner maid chef disciplinarian play-dough-making mother
- I’m sorry I didn’t push that cup of tea back far enough
- I’m sorry for every trip to emergency
- I’m sorry for every tear
- I’m sorry for every fall
- I’m sorry for all the times I’ve failed and for not always appreciating the times when I’ve succeeded
But always know that you are loved